Sunday, March 23, 2014

Montana in the "Spring"

Hello again. Today I have woke up to some lovely freezing Montana weather, so much for the spring. This gave me an excellent idea for a post.

Some of you may know and some of you may not, that tortoises do really well outside, better maybe depending on your region. Unfortunately, one of those regions is not Montana. As anyone who has spent a few days in this great state, the weather is highly variable and can and does change at the drop of a hat. I was really hoping that the spring would have sprung by now; mainly I'm looking forward to dandelions.
My little Russians love dandelions, and I have got them in spades in my yard (much to my landlord's dismay, who would much rather have a beautiful grass only manicured yard).

Spring is a great time in the tortoise realm. My torts have recently come out of hibernation, and the weather is starting to warm up, however grumpy it has been this week. I cannot wait until June. June will be the time when I move my torts outside. This probably won't be for an extended time as there will inevitably be massive thunderstorms accompanied by sheets of rain, and would surely be enough to frighten and possibly even drown a Russian tort. But there will be amazing days where the sun will shine, and the temps will be prefect for the little guys to bask in the sun. That is if spring will ever decided to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment